STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website provides only a simplified description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. None of the information provided on the website is a guarantee that insurance will be provided or that the agency is obligated to procure insurance for the website visitor. Coverage may not apply in all states. Misstatements or omissions of relevant information can lead to price variation or even declination or rescission of coverage. For complete details of coverages, conditions, limits, and losses not covered, be sure to read the policy, including all endorsements, or prospectus, if applicable. Coverage CANNOT be bound, amended, or altered by leaving a message on, or relying upon, information in this Website or through E-Mail, Voicemail or Text.
- The client explicitly waives its own standard terms and conditions, even if these were drawn up after these standard terms and conditions of sale. In order to be valid, any derogation must be expressly agreed to in advance in writing.
- Our invoices are payable within 21 working days, unless another payment timeframe is indicated on either the invoice or the order. In the event of non-payment by the due date, Alta Vista Insurance Agency reserves the right to request a fixed interest payment amounting to 10% of the sum remaining due. Alta Vista Insurance Agency will be authorized to suspend any provision of services without prior warning in the event of late payment.
If a payment is still outstanding more than sixty (60) days after the due payment date, Alta Vista Insurance Agency reserves the right to call on the services of a debt recovery company. All legal expenses will be payable by the client.
- Alta Vista Insurance Agency undertakes to do its best to supply performant services in due time in accordance with the agreed timeframes. However, none of its obligations can be considered as being an obligation to achieve results. Alta Vista Insurance Agency cannot under any circumstances, be required by the client to appear as a third party in the context of any claim for damages filed against the client by an end consumer.
- In order for it to be admissible, Alta Vista Insurance Agency must be notified of any claim by means of a letter sent by recorded delivery to its registered office within 8 days of the delivery of the goods or the provision of the services.
- All our contractual relations will be governed exclusively by United States law.
- LICENSES AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
The product and services information included in this website is intended for residents of the United States only and is neither an offer to sell insurance nor an advertisement of insurance in any place except the country of the United States. Sihle Insurance Group is licensed to sell all types of insurance in the following states: California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, and Florida.
- COMPENSATION Disclosure Policy
Agent or broker commissions are customarily paid by the insurance carrier as a percentage of the premium. In addition to compensation received for such services, the brokerage firm, or a related entity, may also receive interest on fiduciary funds and compensation for additional services provided to either the client or the insurance carrier. To the extent such compensation exists, it is included in the cost of the insurance offering, unless disclosed otherwise. Additional services could include, but are not limited to: underwriting services, program administration services, loss control services, appraisal services, claims management, and other services provided to either the client or the insurance carrier. While these services are generally included in the cost of the insurance offering, any services contracted for by the client directly will be invoiced accordingly.
- With exception the brokerage firm may also receive income as a result of contingent income1 or supplemental income2 agreements with insurance carriers, which may include income specifically received for reinvestment in the brokerage’s internal training, external marketing, technology enhancement, and other related items. Exceptions are as follows:
Any client may "opt out" of having the premiums associated with their placements included in any contingent income and/or supplemental agreement that Alta Vista Insurance Agency may enter into.
The “opt out” form is available by clicking the “opt out” link. The “opt out” provision applies only to those accounts served directly by Alliant as a retail agent or broker. It does not apply to account placements wherein Alliant’s role is that of a wholesaler, MGA, or program administrator working with non-Alliant brokers who represent the client. This information, along with a reply to any other questions on the compensation aspects of a client’s placement, is also available upon written request directed to:
Alta Vista Insurance Agency.
Attention: General Counsel
PO BOX 1480
Vista, CA 92085
- 1In general, “contingent income” means additional compensation received from any insurer that is contingent upon the insurance broker: (a) placing a particular number of policies or dollar value of premium with the insurer, (b) achieving a particular level of growth in the number of policies placed or dollar value of premium with the insurer, (c) meeting a particular rate of retention or renewal of policies in force or dollar volume of premium with the insurer, or (d) placing or keeping sufficient insurance business with the insurer to achieve a particular loss ratio or any other measure of profitability.
2In general, “supplemental income” means additional compensation received from any insurer for eligible classes of business based upon a prior year’s results that is not contingent upon the “contingent income” criteria identified in footnote 1.